Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lake Fun With The Halpennys



As I mentioned in my previous post, we went up to Redding this last Friday and Saturday to visit some friends of ours. We visited Eric Halpenny, a friend of Terryl and mine from BYU, and his family. Terryl and I lived across the hall from Eric during our freshman year and were roommates with him during our entire single life at BYU.

Eric and his wife, Stephanie, have two kids about the ages of Haylee and Cameron, and so they had a blast playing together. Saturday we went to the lake to do some swimming and relaxing (we even saw a bear on the far side of the lake). We had planned to go water-skiing on Stephanie' father's boat, but at the last minute the boat became unnavailable. That's the second time I've had plans to go water-skiing, only to find them foiled at the last minute. But I vow that some day I'll successfully find myself on a pair of skis in the water!

We had a great time; it felt good to be away, something we need to do more often. I had a pleasant surprise to find out that another mutual friend of Eric and mine from school, Emily Yu, was going to stop by with her family on their way up to relocating to Portland. It was great to visit with her just before our night trek back to Concord.

No comments: