Monday, August 31, 2009
Riding the Waves
This past Saturday I had one of the most exhilarating and fun experiences I've ever had: "Tubing", as in being dragged on an inflatable raft behind a boat. A friend of ours invited us to go to a lake with him and a few other families. Unfortunately, Eve wasn't able to go because of work, but I went and took Haylee and Cameron with me. The kids really enjoyed playing at the beach, practicing swimming, building sand castles, and playing with their swimming noodles. I enjoyed being dragged around the lake behind a boat going 40 mph and seeing how long I could hang on before being thrashed into the water. It's hard to describe just how fun it was to be hanging on for dear life, stretched out as far as my body would go, hanging onto the raft as the boat would do turns and bounces, and hearing the reactions from the others in the boat after I was still hanging on after a fast and tight turn.
During one of the boat outings, I took Cameron with me (just in the boat, not on the raft). I would lay down with Cameron in the front of the boat, so all we see was the water in front of us, and we pretended we were flying. Then the driver of the boat, bless his heart, offered to let Cameron drive the boat! Yes, Cameron actually steered the boat himself for about a minute while sitting on the lap of the driver, who had his hand close by to correct Cameron's direction when needed. And Cameron even gave a nice push on the throttle to give the boat a nice boost. Hopefully that'll be an experience he'll remember for a long time.
I have a video of me hanging onto the tube for over 5 minutes that I'll let you know about once I get it posted somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment