Saturday, February 19, 2011

Eve's 1st 5k Run


Ever since the sprint triathlon Eve raced in last Fall, she's enjoyed going out for runs a few times a week to stay in shape and train for future running events. This morning was her next big run, as she participated in her first ever 5k run. And boy, was it a test! The weather was horribly miserable and rainy, and so since she survived this one, she can withstand anything else. The three kids and I were ready to watch and cheer her on, but after seeing her off at the start, the kids got really cold and so we sought the dry, warm shelter of our van for the remainder of the race. Eve ended up placing 16 out of 57 in her age group, with a time of 33 min. and 28 sec. I'm really proud of her, especially considering her goal was 30 minutes and she only missed it by 3 1/2 minutes, which is great given how slick, cold, and rainy it was. Stay tuned for future running headlines from our family star runner!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Schnebs2 said...

Great Job Eve! I did three 5k's last summer and thirty minutes was my goal too. I think my fastest was thirty-one. Peter did that one with me too. Are you gonna do any more? I think I might this year. Not entirely sure though.
Way to go!