
Feast your eyes! Yes, that is Eve and I standing together, both wearing skirts. Okay, so mine is a kilt, but regardless it takes going to the Scottish-themed Brave wrap party hosted at an actual castle to get me out in public without pants. And I payed 70 bucks to rent that kilt, so yes, I wore it to church this morning, as well (he-he, I turned a few faces with that one, including the bishop's...).
And yesterday had to be absolutely the best wrap party we've ever been to. Being able to explore an actual castle while mingling with friends and trying tasty Scottish and medieval themed food was a one-of-a-kind experience. And then add to that an archery range, a sword-fighting demonstration, costume contest (a few people came dressed as characters from the movie), wood carving, and a dance party in the basement wine cellar of the castle.
I have to say, though, once I heard that the movie was going to be on an outside project in a make-shift ampitheater in the courtyard of the castle, I had my doubts about how much I would enjoy the movie experience. Oh boy... I couldn't have been more wrong. The screen was huge... the picture quality was fantastic... the sound was simply amazing (I never heard such controlled, powerful bass and crystal clear accurate tweeters)... And it of course helps that the movie itself was so well done. Brave is Pixar's version of a classic princess fairy tale fantasy... and to do that in today's day and age and still have it feel fresh and exciting is quite a feat in of itself. But please don't look at the trailers or the TV spots..... because except for the Japanese trailer, they do not do any justice to this movie. The actual movie is so much better. My favorite aspects: the voice acting is superb, the Scottland scenery is stunning, Mor'du is simply awesome, and the story of the relationship between a strict, tradition-set mother and her rebellious free-spirited daughter shows real Pixar heart.
But beware, the PG rating is well deserved as it'll be a bit too scary for wee little toddlers.

1 comment:
So jealous.
Post a Comment