A fun Halloween has come and gone at the Crow's. Our first Halloween activity was a week ago Saturday when our ward had a Trunk o' Treat. It started with games and activities in the gym, and then the kids had a little parade where they marched around and went outside for the "trunk o' treat." For those who might not know, a trunk o' treat is where the kids go from car to car to get treats instead of at houses around the neighborhood. It's a fun and safe way to do trick o' treating as a group activity. This year Cameron was James the Steam Engine (friend of Thomas), and Haylee was a princess (yes, she's been sucked in by the Disney princess franchise).
Then last Wednesday we did pumpkin carving. It was Haylee and Cameron's first time ever carving a pumpkin and it had been years since either Eve or I had done one. In the picture above Cameron's (mine) is on the left and Haylee's (Eve's) is on the right. I made pumpkin seeds for the first time (seasoned and roasted, hmmmm....) which turned out well and has the makings of a nice Crow tradition in future Halloweens to come.
Halloween day is a fun time at Pixar every year because a lot of people dress up and there's a big costume contest. I haven't dressed up yet, but the cool ideas others come up with is really inspiring and I'd like to plan ahead next year and do something cool (Terryl, I have an idea for us...). This year, though, Halloween happened to fall on my last day on the Cars Toons project. Since "Tokyo Mater" has to be all rendered and out the door by this coming Friday (they'll be rendering it all this week), then I had plenty to do get my jobs wrapped as to not hold other people up. So it ended up not being the relaxing holiday I was looking forward to, as I had to work late and let Eve take the kids out trick o' treating before I got home. But my stressful work month is over and I was still able to spend some "scary" family time with Eve and the kids. Next week will probably be an easy going week for me and the next week I'm taking vacation and we're going to Disneyland! More about that to come...
Halloween night after getting the kids to bed, Eve and I stayed up and watched our traditional "scary" Halloween movie. This year's pick was "1408", which is about a haunted hotel room. Good scary fun. Hope the rest of the family had a wonderfully frightful holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment