Friday, May 29, 2009

"Up" Opening Weekend


We were all excited at work for Up's opening day at theaters. In honor of today, news crews were at work to televise Pete Docter ringing the closing bell for the New York Stock Exchange (see picture above).

I strongly encourage everyone to go see Up (and Partly Cloudy!). It's a funny movie that's sure to tug at your heart strings in some way (I got pretty choked up the second time I saw it, but I won't tell you which part...).

Just FYI, both regular 2D and also 3D projected versions of the film are opening today. If you want to see a digital projection of the movie (superior in picture quality to regular film), then you have to see it in 3D, as there are no digital projections being shown in 2D. Also, only the 3D version will have the teaser for Toy Story 3. Seeing it in 3D is pretty cool, if you have a 3D theater near you and don't mind paying the extra cost. But the film itself is fantastic and certainly doesn't need the 3D aspect to be enjoyable.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: