Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Traditions


I have to say in all honesty that I just had the best Halloween that I can remember for a long time. A big part of why it was so fun was starting some more Halloween traditions with my family. Eve and I decided to put a little more effort into Halloween this year compared to previous years. We made Halloween decorations with the kids to hang up outside; we spent more time carving our pumpkins; we roasted pumpkin seeds and made Halloween sugar cookies; we stayed up and watched scary Halloween movies (one for the whole family - "The Legend of the Sleepy Hollow", and one for just Eve and I - "Darkness Falls" :0); and of course we took the kids trick o' treating (which they were really excited about this year). And while the things we chose to do turned out really fun, I think it was more of the fact that put time into planning special things to do that made it fun in the end. Next year I want to start our Halloween planning even earlier and continue having successful and spooky Halloweens!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: