Saturday, October 24, 2009
Trunk o' Treat
Every year our ward has a "trunk o' treat" Halloween party, which we went to last night. They started out by having kid's games inside the cultural hall, like pumpkin bowling, fishin' for ghouls, and an obstacle course. Once it got dark, then they had the kids form a parade line and march outside, where they went around to people who were standing just outside the trunks of their cars handing out candy. It was a lot of fun for all of us. We even had an inactive family that I home teach and that have two kids just a year older than Haylee and Cameron come out and enjoy it, too.
As you may be able to tell from the photo, these were our costumes: Haylee was Snow White, Cameron was a blue power ranger, Eve was a flower, I was a "hunny" pot, and Landon was a honey bee. For most of the activity I carried Landon around with me strapped to my stomach, which a lot of people thought was really cute. Eve came up with the whole honey bee/flower/honey pot idea. It was the first time I had dressed up for Halloween for a long time. And I think I'll need to continue the tradition from now on.
My favorite costume of the night was a couple and their baby who were dressed up as Mike, Sully, and Boo from Monster's Inc in homemade costumes. Fabulous. Here's a link to more pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/trent.crow/TrunkOTreat2009?authkey=Gv1sRgCJOa9JuanOCINg&feat=directlink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment