Sunday, February 14, 2010
Happy Valentine's Day
I hope everyone had a sweet Valentine's Day today. I've never been one to be into doing much on Valentine's Day, but I know that should change and this year I wanted to put more effort into it. This morning I surprised Eve and the kids with a "red" breakfast, complete with red eggs and ham, crimson pancakes, velvet toast, and strawberry milk. And tonight Haylee and Cameron helped me make some red chocolate rocky road fudge, though it turned out that only Eve and I liked it (oh well, more for us:).
I have found that the more planning and effort I put into a special occasion, the more fun and memorable it is. A simple thought, but one that has helped me make the most out of the limited time and resources I have to spend with my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment